Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Card of the Day - Shadowcloak Stalker, Frigid Rebuttal, and Clear Away



There's a card an awful lot like this in Alara Reborn, it seems, only it isn't an elf, it costs one [U] more, and it has flying. Oh, and it doesn't have quicken. I can't really claim Wizards copied me on this one because I made it after I had seen their card, but I'm going to anyway.

I'll get you for this, Wizards, you no-good thieving rat-fink bastards!




The five cards with quicken I've shown you up to this point have been a cycle, of sorts. However it might be more accurate to call them a four-card cycle and a blue card that hangs out with the others on occasion. See, the others are just normal cards going about their business that just so happen to have quicken. Frigid Rebuttal has quicken and knows it. And it bases its ability off this knowledge. It breaks the fourth wall, if you will.

That is actually a completely inappropriate phrase for the occasion.

Regardless, quicken is more than a neat gimmic with Frigid Rebuttal; it is an integral part of the card.




Clear Away doesn't have quicken, but it chills with cards that do. I wonder why the hunter from Left 4 Dead is in its art, but only a little. He's not hurting anybody. Is it a crime to wear a hoodie and feast on the uninfected? I don't think so.

P.S. It has come to my attention that I am not consistent with the names of Card of the Day posts that showcase three or more cards. Sometimes I include the word "and"; sometimes I do not. This is a very tragic situation. Please join me in weeping.
P.P.S. I would again like to point out that I do not own any of the cards I create, so they are impossible to steal.

Original Art - Shadowcloak Stalker
Original Art - Frigid Rebuttal
Original Art - Clear Away

1 comment:

  1. I like clear away the best out of all the cards on this page. It's like that one sorcery from Betrayers of Kamigawa and a mass Momentary blink. Play it in a red/black/white 187 deck and you'll be bookin'.

    ReplyDelete

Empty your mind.