Friday, April 10, 2009

Card of the Day - Sanctum Warden



Nothing too exciting here. Just an uncommon that compares unfavorably to Loxodon Mystic. But wait! Look at that first word in the second line. In a two-player game, that won't mean a whole lot. But it is certainly interesting in multiplayer. You'd probably be better off with Ghostly Prison, but I won't judge.

While I would love to take credit for intentionally using this exciting and text-efficient gimmic (three letters give it new meaning in multiplayer), I really can't. Here's the original Sanctum Warden:




Look at that. Almost the same card, but so disgusting. That mana symbol sitting on a line all by itself drove me up the wall. It just looks terrible. So I started fiddling around with ways I could make the text longer or shorter and eventually I settled on "you".

Original Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Empty your mind.